There’s no beating around the bush, only a small percentage of people will get to live the coveted island life. With our tailored offering in Grenada, the island lifestyle you’ve been dreaming of also creates a pathway to live or do business in the Americas. By next summer, you could be sipping cocktails on the most beautiful beach in Grenada.
Want to emigrate? Here’s the best place to go.
The most picturesque and indeed, inviting island in our portfolio is Grenada. Let’s break down the identifiable country specifics.
Grenada is an island country in the West Indies Caribbean Seas. It is northwest of Trinidad and Tobago and northeast of Venezuela. It is 348.5 square kilometres with an estimated population of about 113 000 people.
It consists of Carriacou and Petite Martinique but there are several small islands to the north which are called the Grenadines.
Grenada is known as the “Island of Spice” for its beautiful fields of nutmeg and mace.
Grenada has a number of benefits for those looking to emigrate.
What you get?
- Visa-free travel to 140 countries, including the UK, China and Schengen regions.
- This visa is applicable to your spouse and dependent children under 30.
- Dependent parents and siblings may also qualify.
- There is no wealth, gift, inheritance or capital gains tax.
- You may exit the investment after 3 years and retain your citizenship.
- No physical residency is required.
- You will gain access to an E2 US investor visa.
- The E2 Treaty Investor Visa agreement allows you to establish a business and reside in the US.
- You can achieve citizenship in 180 days
- New citizens who take up residence, after one year can benefit from up to 90% discount for undergraduate courses at St. George’s University.
- Options to acquire Grenadian Citizenship.
What will it cost?
The citizenship by investment visa to Grenada, with a pathway into the US, definitely has a price tag. The National Transformation Fund was set up in 2013 by the nation of Grenada to assist those wishing to gain citizenship through investment. By way of a donation to the state, investors are issued with an E2 visa.
What options exist through The National Transformation Fund?
- You could pay a non-refundable payment of $150 000 just for you.
- You could pay $200 000 for your family.
- You could purchase real estate for $350 000.
- Or, you could jointly purchase real estate, holding a 1/3 or 1/6 share in the property with a minimum spend of $220 000.
What are the requirements?
You should have a high personal net worth, no criminal record and proof of funds throughout the process.
What is the process?
The process for Grenada Citizenship by investment is straightforward and usually takes around 5 months.
You will need to appoint a professional to handle the file preparation. Through 12 Star Capital, we can gladly introduce you to a recommended agent.
Prior to submission of the completed application by a local lawyer, you must enter a purchase and sale agreement with Kawana Bay for your selected property and pay Government Due Diligence.
Once approved (usually 5 months), you will need to pay the following:
- Government Contribution fee ($50 000, covers a family of up to 4)
- Balance of the purchase price ($209 000)
- Real estate conveyancing costs ($10 000)
- Passport/document fees ($1 274)
Once completed, the issuance of the Certificate of Citizenship and passports will then be processed. You must retain ownership of the property for at least 5 years from the date of Citizenship, after which time you have the right to sell it.
For more information about your options into Grenada and your investment prospects, contact 12 Star Capital.